Monday, August 24, 2009

Razzle Dazzle Extravaganza


Saturday was officially Razzle Dazzle, and boy was I "razzled and dazzled"!! It ran from 9-4pm at a nice church in the west end. Cait, Nancy, Alesha, Loretta, Jazz and I went together; of course after meeting for some well needed caffeine and breakfast. There were about 70 demonstrators there, including some VERY important and special people! Caroline LeBel from Toronto joined us, and Rhonda Wade!! She was our guest speaker, and is the TOP demo in the United States! What a down to earth lady; her presentations left me very motivated to do my best.

In the morning we had an opportunity to do some convention style swapping, not too many people had swaps but the ladies who did had some great cards! My swap was a colour variation of a card we did in a card club not too long ago. I just love the Cameo Coral; it's such a neglected colour!

There were tons of displays and crazy cool samples. I also participated in the 3D-WOW swap and got some totally cool 3D items! I'm pretty sure I took a picture of almost everything there... I have so much to show off.

The coolest part of the day was the WOW demonstration theatres. There were about 10 different demonstrations and each one was amazing! I have to say though; one was my absolute favourite, so I'm going to show it off today! Don't worry though I will share the rest of them over the next little while, so keep checking back for new postings! I am so excited to try out some of the techniques; I went out right after the event to get some supplies for a couple of them.

So remember how I mentioned my upline Alesha was amazing? Well, she did, by far the coolest demonstration ever...

QUILTING WITH THE BIG SHOT!

I have trouble controlling my excitement about this new discovery! Her mom is a quilter and they've been making quilts and decorative pillows with die cuts from the Big Shot. Each piece she showed was for a quilt that she was working on for her daughter's dolls, how adorable! All it takes is some coordinating fabric, steam-a-seam (basically double sided tape for fabric), an iron, and the dies you want to use. The adhesive will work on pretty much any fabric so if you have no idea how to quilt like me, don't worry! It works on tea towels, blankets and other pre-made items. I don't want to spoil all her fun so be sure to check her posting about one of the pillows she made. To top that off, she made all six of us who went together (Alesha, Cait, Nancy, Jazz, Loretta and myself) each a super cute mini pillow AND she made the most adorable photo board with the new Build-A-Bear dies that are coming out in the new mini catalogue. I LOVE THEM! So thank you for such a great demo and thank you for being the greatest upline EVER! I am truly "wowed" by everything you design!

At the end of the day, Alicia Ryckman gave a way one of everything out of the new mini catalogue coming out September 1st. Everyone at my table won something... except me... but that's ok, I just get to borrow everything!

Come back tomorrow, I'm going to show off some sweet samples and the cool cards you can make with the Movers and Shapers dies!



0 comments:

Blogger template 'Orange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008